Thursday, March 02, 2006

Great Ocean Road

Hi everybody!!!
Ok, ok, it begins to be more difficult to have news and pictures from me… but is not always a bad signal… isn’t it? The fact is that in the last time I have been really busy… ;-)
But, let’s have some order in my diary.
Melbourne.
From the very beginning I put my first foot on the city I understood the difference with Sydney. I think the impression I get of the city is something not translatable… I just think is like a smell of something you perfectly know but you never remember… you know what I mean? I think Melbourne is a city that you can breathe. This place has stile and atmosphere and night life with jazz concerts and pubs and “movida”. It is a city full of contradictions. There are skyscrapers everywhere, but between one and the other, in the little streets where as a tourist you will never go just because you think are too dangerous, there are plenty of bar and restaurants and little shops and strange tastes and perfumes. You almost feel as in Italy sometimes, during the summer, in some places on the seaside.
In Melbourne arrived the time for Yukie and I to separate our ways. She had to search for an apartment and for job… I am still travelling, before or after it would be my time too… it was hard and sad… We just spent almost 2 weeks together, an adventure, a lot of experience and feelings… and than suddenly you realize that it would be very difficult to meet again, for a Japanese girl and an Italian one. She has been your friend and your travelling companion, and then you say goodbye perhaps forever… who knows. Anyway, the life goes on… and the travel with it…
So, we were at this “greenhouse backpackers” in the centre of Melbourne. There, I met a lot of very nice people (as Yukie would have said), and the last night I had a wonderful night with James (from England) and Sandra (from Holland). We enjoyed a lot…
Sorrento
Therefore, after Melbourne I took the train direction Sorrento… a little little village on the bay of the big city.
Actually the place was worst I was expecting. Too cold to swim, too empty perhaps… it is ok sometimes to feel alone, but this was almost a ghost village.
And I met strange people there… two ladies sharing a room and hating each other… A closed B in the toilet, so B had to walk on the corridor and knock at the door to get again into. B was turning off the light any time the A wanted to read… as you see… weird people… and quite old and still in a hostel…
Therefore I decided to stay there only one night and the next day going to Lorne.
Lorne
Telling you that Lorne was beautiful is just not enough. It is still nowhere but there are young people and the nature is really dominant. I arrived at this fantastic YHA up to a hill where I discovery they were still free, the Laundry was gratis and you can feed Cacadus… because there are so many there.
There I was really relaxing. Doing almost nothing but wandering a little bit but not too much… putting my hammocks and read my book in the forest at the side of a river and falling asleep there.
It has been really relaxing.
Then I met a Girl of Israel and she told me that to go on in the great ocean road there is only one bus that from Apollo Bay every Friday brings you there. That was the time I decided to leave the hostel with her and to come here in Apollo bay and wait for the bus tomorrow to go to Port Campbell. Then I will stop there one week: I really want to enjoy the 12 apostles and if the only way to do it is to stay in a village for one week, I am ready to do it. Moran (the Israel girl) still doesn’t know what she is going to do… she will tell me it tomorrow… lets see.
So, tonight we are going to sleep in this hostel in Apollo Bay. Too expensive but I think is the best one I have never been, also if the one in Lorne was full of atmosphere too.
Anyway, this is my travel until here… you know, also if I don’t write too much or also if I need a lot of time to do it, I like thinking about you, following my adventures and looking at my pictures… to help you with the geography, look at the map…
Bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home